Animelovers411 Connection

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you
Animelovers411 Connection

A new Forum made for the true Animelovers411 viewers! Get to know all new anime lovers and old firends on you new Animelovers411 Connection!

Enjoy anime at 11:00 pm to 5:00 am, Saturday night on Adult Swim!

Worse than having different views...

Zaper_the_Warrior
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Worse than having different views...

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Ok, I was in my political science class to day and of course we were discussing government (bet you didn't see that coming Laughing ). The discussion turned to a law about states recognizing laws and rulings from other states. This lead to same 1111111 marriages (bet you can't tell were this is going). Well, of course every one in the class had different views. And the main argument was (Bet you can't guess) that the bible says mirage is between a man and a woman ( Surprised ). Now, some said it was fine, some said it was wrong, but basically they all said they were religious Christians. Well, after a few debating I chimed in (if you know me you'll know i don't make them happy! Twisted Evil ).

I asked how can we be passing laws based on god's word when he hasn't directly interfered with the world in 6.4billon years. Well, that took people aback so i then said "Have you talked to God recently?"
    My teacher responded "Would it surprise you if i said i have?"
    My response was "How did you?"
    He answered "threw the holy ghost." So i looked around the room and asked who the holy ghost was.
    He said "The fatherly spirit"
    So i asked "were is he" as i looked around the room some more.

Well at this point two of the girls who were deep into the main augment up until that point interrupted and were very mad and insisted we got back to the class. They didn't like my questions. Funny thing is the wiccan sitting next to me was laughing at the debate and was very much enjoying the class (along with me). I liked my teacher auguring with them about how we were on topic. That made them even madder.

Anyways, my point is, why is it better to have different religious views than not having any at all? They even did a episode on Family Guy about it! What is really so bad about it?

Note: this is not to discuses religion of views there of, so please don't go into that.
    minininja
    Sergeant Major Animelogist

Re: Worse than having different views...

Post by minininja on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 pm

I feel that if everyone didn't have different opinions on religion and different views on things. We all might as well be robots. Not everyone is going to agree about 21222222 marriage and not everyone is going to be christian... I stand by let them live their life in a way that makes them happy weather that be leading a christian life of being with a lover of the same 1111111... as long as they are happy no one else should try and tell them who they can and can't love... Also, the subject of religion... not everyone is going to have the same beliefs... I kinda feel like the whole reason why there aren't as many christians as there used to be is because they try and force their religion on you... but it's not just christians that do it... it's other religions too...(not getting into a debate in case you were wondering.)

And to force your religion on someone is a great way to turn someone away... Now there isn't anything wrong with talking about what you firmly believe in. But, if the person your talking too about it doesn't believe the same way you do that shouldn't affect the friendship or whatever it is that you have between that person. And society seems to have conformed to the same ways of thinking as alot of people. (sorry if that didn't make sense)

I think America is horrible about thinking they can make laws against same 1111111 marriage... as for the religion well... i feel that it's not my choice what everyone else wants to believe. But, in order to get along with each other we have to respect each others beliefs and stop trying to force each other to believe what we want them too.

Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am

Well said. I'm completely neutral on the religions. If pagans had been the dominant power back then then we'd be treating Christians like we treat pagans. Religion should be a choice, not a demand. That's why i don't understand why atheists like myself are looked upon worse than any other religion.
    minininja

Post by minininja on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:52 pm

I personally feel like if your atheist and that's what makes you happy. then i'm not gonna try and tell you something that I believe in.. that's not right.. I don't know people really disgust me how they treat people just because their beliefs are different than theres... makes me wanna punch them all in the face...-_-

Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Agreed. I'm open to the possibility of anything, but it's not your place or anyone's to decide how i should live. I choose not to follow a religion cause i don't see any proof any one of them is right, or wrong. So i leave it open to what ever happens to me after i die. I'm sure I'll go somewhere, but were i have no clue, and if god is relay so great, kind, and forgiving he won't care that i don't worship him. I'm a good person, tend to be to nice for my own good, and will do anything i can to help anyone i can. Shouldn't that be enough to get into heaven?
    minininja

Post by minininja on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Well, Christians would say that even if your a good person and would do any good deed you could that you would still not get into heaven because you would still be a sinner... and to an extent I believe that But I am currently in the process of getting back into church and all... but I am not going to be the person who tries to force my religion on you... there isn't any need to do so...

Being a good person definitely helps when someone isn't sure of what they believe... in some cases.

Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:32 am

I am who I am and i don't want to be anything or anyone else. And theirs nothing anyone can say to change my mind.
    minininja

Post by minininja on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:08 pm

And that's how you should be. Disregard whatever anyone tells you they think you should be. And make your own choice of who you want to be. You will be alot happier in the end.

Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Yep. That's how it works. I may be damned to hell, but at least I'll have a happy life.
    minininja

Post by minininja on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:11 am

Yep... believe what you believe live your life how your going to be happy.

Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:30 pm

Least I know I've made a few people's life better, witch makes me happy. If that's a sin then god can go to hell (pardon the pun).
    minininja

Post by minininja on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 pm

XD lol i know what ya mean!

Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:34 pm

I posted this on another forum and they told me I need religon to have morals and principles or i would be lost. Guess I'm just a lost sole with no morals then.
    minininja

Post by minininja on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:34 am

You don't have to have a religion to have morals. Morals is something you set for yourself. Religion has nothing to do with it. those ppl are idiots.

Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:11 am

Thats my thought on it. But who am i to tell them otherwise?
    minininja

Post by minininja on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:44 am

i wouldn't worry about what they thought

Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:49 pm

I don't. No point in starting a fight over it right?
    minininja

Post by minininja on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Not really no. There are so many religions and such who can't just accept that people believe differently and so they make fools of themselves cause they don't wanna accept that people believe differently than they do. And it's rediculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:53 pm